In 1930 Edward Stewart, Josiah Winters, and Judge Robert M. VanAtta began Grant Memorial Park on an 80 acre tract of land west of Western Avenue and Seventeenth and Twenty-sixth streets on the edge of Marion. Their initial offices were in the Hotel Spencer in Marion - now the Grant County Office Building. Through the years, Grant Memorial Park has always been a for-profit cemetery.
John M. Storey and Benjamin R. Needham jointly purchased the cemetery from the Brandon family in 1985. In 1995, Grant Memorial Park became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Needham-Storey Funeral Service, Inc.
Grant Memorial Park prior to any development (1930)
The first day on the field to start the work after clearing the surface, May 1930